19.12.08

Christmas Greetings from Sault Ste Marie

Well 'tis the season to be jolly, to give, and eat and eat and eat. Especially here in the Sault, where I'm sure 80% of the population are Italians. In case you don't know, Italians find it insulting when you deny any type of food that they offer you. Like the book "Eat, Pray and Love" that (like the other 10 books I'm reading) I've gotten half-way through, Italians love to bake you cookies, make pasta, pinch your cheeks and force wine upon you (although you can't "rape" the willing!)

I am into day 3 of my trip to the Sault. I've spent most of the time hanging with my Gramma and I'm having a blast. She is one super lady. Today her and I are going to Michigan to shop and have dinner at Applebees! You can smoke in there, but I'm sure we'll sit in non-smoking because she recently quit (yay, Gram!)

It's nice to be away, leaving all my responsibilities, stresses, and debts at home. This feels like home. I wish I could stay! But, the Sault is a dead town with a great lack of jobs and doctors. Family is everything here, which is wonderful, but it would be hard for a young person like me to make a life here. Maybe when I'm old and settled, but not now.

I miss Mike and Mom and the boys and Dad (although a break from them is nice, too). I'm going to miss out on Dooley's parties (which are the best) and New Years fireworks on my balcony and a lot of potential work and dolla dolla bills. But to be here with my family and to help them and love them is the best Christmas gift of all. Will is a little over 4 months now and he's really taken a liking to me. He usually gets strange with people, but not me! We have a soul connection, born on the same day exactly 20 years apart. The first grandchild and the last. What are the odds of that, eh? ;)

My trip here has helped me appreciate my relationship with Mike is more than one way. I can't wait to show him all the pictures and hug him and kiss him and let him love me. Oh how he loves me. It's such a great feeling to know that Mike is loyal and thinking of me. I could just cry I'm so happy. I wanted to be in love again and I was hoping this trip would help. It's only day three and I've had so many great thoughts and realizations and I know it's going to be wonderful when I get home.

*knock on wood*

Mommy just got online. She's mad at me because I was upset and said her and Jim weren't in love. I honestly don't believe they have "true love" like she thinks, because "they fight they break up, they kiss they make up", like foolish youngsters.. She told me I have a lot to learn about love. I think I know more than does, but it's not a competition.

xxx

No comments: