10.1.09

A Crazy Trip

I was in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario from December 17th until January 6th. Flew into the Pearson International Airport in Mississauga at 11:45am on the 6th and met Tron, who just witnessed a few Team Canada players getting swarmed by paparazzi. We then began our drive: final destination- Times Square, Manhattan, NYC. On the way we stopped into California Sandwiches and got these HUGE veal sandwiches. They are so good I get them every time I'm there. Along the trip we stopped in to a plaza in Buffalo and did a little bit of shopping. Then we ended up in Albany, New York's capital city. We stayed at the Holiday Inn and drank and hung out. The next day we continued our trip to Manhattan. Crossing the George Washington Bridge is spectacular. Such a beautiful site especially in the winter. I was completely flabbergasted by the enormity of the buildings, and the over-blow architecture. I started to cry! We got to the Millennium Hotel & Suites after driving around the crazy one-way streets for awhile. Our room is on the 28th floor, so as we're going up, our ears pop. It's like being in an airplane. (Eventually we spend a drunken hour one evening riding up to the 52nd floor and then all the way down to the ground... kinda like Drop Zone, for free! ;) ) Exploring New York City was fabulous, although a lot of stimuli to take in all at once. From the loud, crazy traffic to the stund pedestrians to the guys every 10 feet trying... persisting that you buy their comedy tickets and theirs is "the best one in town" with the "cheapest drinks" and the one we already bought tickets to is a dive.. So needless to say we bought about $60 worth of comedy club tickets and only went to one- ARTIE LANGE. I didn't know who Artie Lange was before this, and I'm not sure if he was even funny or if I was just really drunk, but I had a great time. We also went to the Ripley's Museum and Madame Tussands House of Wax which was so cool. The diners, cafes and restaurants in Times Square is wonderful. Everything is so elaborate. My favourite place was called Pax, and when you go in there are all different kinds of Pizzas, wonderful, delicious pizzas, all pre-made sandwiches and paninis, and desserts.. mmmm the desserts.. We also ate at an Irish Pub, had fish and chips.. It wasn't Newfoundland but it was good. I've been drinking around the places that don't card me. It's weird not being legal. I have a lot more to say but for now I must go. Today we drove from Manhattan to here, Utica, and it's fun.. Drinking and watching Men In Black in a little hotel room. Catcha lates.

No comments: