18.11.08

Entry Number 50!

Since I am studying poetry in English 1080 right now I thought I'd post a poem that I wrote last year.


War Criminals


Did you hear the gunshot across the field?

I sense that it is time for us to go.

I did not think it was so hard to yield


The final contract, was confirmed and sealed.

Was I prepared to feel the final blow?

Did you see the gunshot across the field?


The bodies kept falling and being wheeled

Destruction struck us like a savage throw

I didn’t know it was so hard to yield.


And now to our own court we have appealed.

Us criminals of war will suffer so.

I did hear the gunshot across the field.


Our brothers’ graves are where we are found kneeled

As if we are the victims of sorrow

I didn’t think it was so hard to yield.


Of dignity and honour we’ve been peeled.

The blood of loved ones lost will always flow.

Did you hear the gunshot across the field?

I didn’t think it was so hard to yield.

No comments: