17.9.08

MUN

Ah. University. A breath of fresh air, a kick in the guts, and a 740 spinning out of control. There's so much going on, but so little at the same time. Everything I think and feel agrees with parts of me and disagrees with part of me (mind you, not equal halves). It's a whole new world. It makes you feel like a kid again. I didn't have that opportunity in high school, and now that I've reached a higher point of maturity in my life I can relax and start feeling like a kid again. Weird isn't it? That's not all that's weird. The academics are easy- phew. Breeze, they are. BUt you know what's hard? Making friends. The homework and studying and reviewing critisizing reflecting.. all EZ PZ. But interacting with others? Oh god, i need a manual or a tutor for that area of expertise. I do know a lot of people here, which is nice. I've been able to spend time with old friends which is wonderful. I think the best part about it all is that I can be myself. I didn't think so for the first week- I didn't feel like myself. And sorry to day, myself isn't really all that it's cracked up to be. To be myself, I enjoy sitting in the Breezeway, having a beer, studying, reading or simply ranting on about school. I can sit here and have a beer and listen to good music WHILE I'M BEING PRODUCTIVE??? It's like my two worlds collided into one, a merge of my favourite things in life. Books, and beer. It may sounds like an odd combo, but as long as I have these things which I love I think I'll do good here. I still want to move away, I still want to go to the Soo, but I think I will stay at Memorial forever. Perhaps spend the ENTIRE 2009 summer in Sault Ste Marie, babysitting my cousins and hanging with my family, but as of right now, I like it where I am. I like getting up in the morning. I like working after school. I like staying up too late watching House and then waking up at 7:30, I like how on Tuesdays and THursdays I can sleep until noon if desired. I like how there are fun things to do here. I don't feel pressured. I don't feel guilty. I feel great. I'm starting to feel thinner. I feel like I belong somewhere, as I sit here at a table by myself while everyone else is around mingling. I can sit by myself and feel like I belong, and that's an amazing thing.

No comments: